Monday, March 16, 2009

SR Systems Weapons Information

Now that I've given you an introduction of myself and SR systems, I would like to describe the weapons I make. While I promise to go into more detail on each weapon in subsequent posts, I wanted to present a general overview in this post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(1) The weapons are powered by scripts from Hanzo Blades. Second Life Melee weapon enthusiasts, particularly those interested in Japanese katanas and ninjato blades, will have heard of Hanzo Blades as one of, if not, the best weapons maker out there. My weapons utilize their ever reliable scripts, giving you an effective low lag weapon. The script i have obtained is legal and part of their Prefabrica release - so i guarantee that there is no "funny business" on my end.

(2) The weapons work with the DCS2, CCS and WARPS combat meters. They have been tested successfully by my customers on each of these systems, and I haven't received any complaints yet.

The weapons are known to cause Linden damage, the amount of which is based on the distance you are standing from the opponent, as some satisfied customers have responded back. However, I do not guarantee this, as the scripts are designed for the three meters mentioned above. I could however customize a weapon if a customer is interested.

(3) Almost all animations in the weapons are designed by me and are unique. While I do own the Hanzo Blades animations that come in the prefabrica pack, I decided to put in the hours of effort in creating my own interpretation of attack techniques. Furthermore, I'm a student of Jow Ga Kung Fu in real life, and wanted to express the knowledge and techniques I have developed through my training, in the virtual world. That being said, I have used the draw and sheath animations that come standard with Hanzo blades.

(4) My goal for SR Systems is to make Martial Arts Weapons. Currently, I am focussing on kung fu based weapons, and am in the planning stages to expand to other oriental martial arts systems. I might, down the line, create other fantasy based melee weapons - such as medieval weapons or final fantasy style weapons - but I do not plan on making guns. If I do make ranged weapons, they will be the likes of shuriken, arrows or throwing axes.

(5) I strive for affordability. I have found out the hard way that making weapons in second life is hard work. Starting from making animations - to creating the structure of the weapon, followed by the texturing to make it look acceptable and even beautiful - all the way through to packaging, making a second life weapon takes the effort of many hours, and even money to buy and upload realistic textures. Despite these personal costs (including losing out on time with my close friends), I intend to share my passion at an affordable rate. Thus, you will find SR systems weapons are in the lower price range, despite the quality they provide. I have no intentions to compete with the big names and have the utmost respect for them.

Ofcourse, this *is* a business I am doing, and making money is always a nice reward for the hard work. Seeing people buy and like my products motivates me to make even better items. However, I have no aspirations to fund my real life expenses via this second life project. Instead I would like to make enough money to enjoy my second life and be able to continue my passion by affording the costs to manufacture these items.

Furthermore, I appreciate all my customers and would like to thank them personally. I do my best to IM you all personally, but please forgive me if I missed you - I still want to sincerely thank you as well :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's all the basic information on my weapons! As simple as that :) In my coming posts, I will start discussing in detail each weapon, along with images and try to explain my philosophy behind the different techniques.

Thank you again and see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment